Monday, April 12, 2010

Cuss me

I made myself a beautiful lunch to take to work today. It had red potatoes, chicken breast, broccoli, cauliflower, squash, carrots and two kinds of cheese. It was in a glass dish, in a bag, which I dropped getting out of my car. For about a minute I considered trying to separate the broken glass from the food, but then thought better of it. Damn. That was going to be good.

.::.

We watched Fantastic Mr. Fox yesterday. Oh. My. God. Why didn’t you people tell me that was a Wes Anderson movie? How did I not know that? It was HILARIOUS. I mean, Austin wanted less than nothing to do with it; he left the room. It’s not really a kid’s movie. It’s a stop-motion animated Wes Anderson movie. LOVE.

They don’t use any swear words in it; they replace everything with cuss. As in, “the CUSS you are!” Or, “what the CUSS?” Cracked me up.

6 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

I really want to see this movie. I have heard interviews on NPR about it and that "cuss" thing just cracks me up so much.
And let me say this- I hate it when the cussing cuss-cusser lunch bowl breaks. I cussing HATE that.

May said...

Ha! Mama's comment cracked me the cuss up! I haven't seen this movie either, but DTG and I were just discussing it the other day. Also, the food thing? That exact same thing has happened to me before, and I also spent a moment thinking about trying to separate the glass from the food... No good.

Steph(anie) said...

Mary and May - I'm still thinking about that cusser-cussing lunch.

I forgot to mention that Maya liked the movie too. She also liked Life Aquatic (but hasn't seen Darjeeling Limited or The Royal Tenenbaums yet). But she mostly wanted to watch it because OH MY GOD MERYL STREEP DOES THE VOICE OF MRS. FOX AND SHE JUST LOVES AND ADORES MERYL STREEP AND CAN SHE HAVE SOME MORE MERYL STREEP PRETTY PLEASE WITH A CHERRY ON TOP??? MERYL STREEP MERYL STREEP MERYL STREEP

Bethany said...

Gosh Steph, that really sucks about your food. I commend you for not going back to bed.
I can't wait to see that film.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Sorry about your lunch, babe. Damn.

Mwa said...

I'm taking a moment to mourn your lunch.