Monday, April 5, 2010

breathing room

“Just what is Stephanie’s good news?” I’m sure you’ve been asking yourself since Thursday. It must just be tearing you up inside! (Does my sarcasm translate here?)

Well, my mother-in-law, who has lived with us since just before her husband died in the fall of 2008, got her own place! I mean no disrespect to her when I call this good news. It’s just that having another adult, another woman, another mother in the house has not exactly made my marriage easier. And marriage is hard enough all on its own.

And Maya will be getting her room back!!! That poor girl is so freaking tired of sharing a room with her little brother. She has no space to herself and she needs it, for all our sakes.

So my husband’s mother will be moving out slowly over the next couple weeks. Then we will take advantage of the master bedroom being empty and put one of the windows we took out of the dining room into our old/new room before moving back in there. And then, finally, move Maya back into her original room. Christ almighty. It will be good… when it’s done.

7 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Oh, honey. That IS good news. I am so happy for all concerned. Honestly and truly and really.

adrienne said...

hooray!

that's the same comment i left on elizabeth's blog, though for a completely different reason.

and ms moon was the only one to speak before me in both cases. what are the odds?

Mwa said...

That's GREAT news!!! Congratulations.

Petit fleur said...

Congrats!!! I don't think I could have made it that long with my MIL without loosing my mind.

Yay for Maya! A girl her age does need her own room for sure.
Peace,
pf

Sarcastic Bastard said...

SOFA KING HAPPY FOR YOU!

May said...

Thank the sweet baby jesus! I am so happy for you! And for Maya, of course. Nothing better than a room of one's own.

Mel said...

Oh happy day! I would not have survived as long with any house guest, I'd have hid in the closet crying. Hooray for Maya getting a space of her own back.