Friday, March 19, 2010

oceans

Totally taking the easy way out on the question I talked about in my last post. As a long time Pearl Jam fan, I fall back on this as my answer. And HO-LY SHIT. Eddie looks like a little baby man here.

.::.

Hold on to the thread
The currents will shift
Guide me towards you
Know something's left
And we're all allowed to dream
Of the next time we touch

You don't have to stray
The oceans away
Waves roll in my thoughts
Hold tight the ring
The sea will rise
Please stand by the shore
I will be
I will be
There once more

.::.

Dreaming of the next time we touch, really that says it all for me right there. Ocean as loss and sex.

3 comments:

adrienne said...

once upon a time i was convinced i would marry this man. i swear to you, that is how unhinged i sometimes find myself to what most people consider reality. but i digress.

i must say i had forgotten about this song, and how much it unlocks a secret door in my secret garden.

i must say, considering my schoolgirl feelings for eddie vedder, i think i'll have to simly play this one when i'm all alone, and the song i seek is to be shared with an audience...

Steph(anie) said...

You can marry Eddie after I've had my way with him.

Petit fleur said...

Hey Steph,

I like these lyrics. I can't listen to it now, but I will.

I just emailed you a link to a song about God... It's a really good one by Prefab Sprout.
xo pf