Saturday, March 20, 2010

Happy Spring y'all

In honor of the vernal equinox, me and the kids sat our butts right down on the dirt and weeds under the elm tree and then Austin baptized me and himself with mud. Maya was all like... what. is. he. doing? Is he playing with... mud. Ewww. [Insert disgusted teenager facial expression here.]

Austin walked around barefoot until the soles of his feet were stained purple from wildflowers.

I tried to take a picture of some yellow wildflowers because the green buds/flower bases uncurl upwards in the shape of a nautilus shell, but my camera sucks.

Maya rode around on her bike, calling the dogs after her like a mama duck, or pan with his pipe.

6 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Happy spring!

Petit fleur said...

Nice visuals!

Happy Happy Spring to all of you.
xo pf

PS Next time you see those purple soles on Austin, see if you can snap a photo. I'd love to see it!

Mwa said...

Ah Spring! And not a moment too soon.

Bethany said...

sweet, love the images and freedom feeling in the post.

Maggie May said...

happy joy, you are such a good Momma xo

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Sounds like a good time to me.

Love you, Steph.