Monday, February 1, 2010

Weekend Update part 2

I've blogged before about my troubles with garden pests, especially gophers, squirrels and rabbits. Spawn of the devil, all of them. No, I don't really think that, I just want to have a nice outside space and they are making it more difficult than it needs to be.

Sometime back, my MIL and I had words right in the middle of the local garden center about what to plant along the fence to cut down on dust from the road. I wanted to pick up some oleander and she reminded me that it was poisonous. I said that you hardly ever hear about dogs or kids eating it and getting sick. She told me that horses eat it. To which I responded "WE DON'T HAVE HORSES." Not to mention the fact that almost everyone in the damn neighborhood has oleander, including my parents, and there is no fence between our yard and my parents'. SO IF IT IS A PROBLEM, IT IS ONE WE ALREADY HAVE.

So, to make a long story short, I've bought 10 oleander plants since Friday and I will probably be buying more in the coming weeks. I am going to plant a fucking perimeter of poison. I can't wait for those little rat bastards to try and eat some of that. I just have to be careful about our neighbor on the north and west, she does have horses, so I will be very careful.

6 comments:

Petit fleur said...

It's pretty poison.

Bethany said...

You're funny, with your "fucking perimeter of poison" Go Steph!
It is pretty.
Wait, so you have rat bastard on top of the gophers, squirrels and rabbits?

Steph(anie) said...

PF - That sounds like a girl-band name.

Bethany - no rats [crosses self], but lots of mice. And they're all bastards.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

The "we don't have horses" made me laugh. I can almost hear you saying that.

Good luck with the Oleander.

Love you, Steph. You crack my shit up.

Steph(anie) said...

I have this theory that she is deliberately trying to make me insane.

Mwa said...

I LOVE oleander. I don't think we can have it, though - unless I bring it indoors for half the year.