Saturday, February 20, 2010

Field Day 1

Today was the first field day for my class. It was fun. Next time I will remember my sunglasses. We went to three vineyards in Temecula.

This is the kind of crib you can build when you have a successful winery. First stop: Hart Winery

Très artistique photographie, non? I'll be damned if I can remember what variety these are.

Everybody say, "hi, Peter!" My instructor is an absolute pleasure to listen to.

Kiddos, do as I say, not as I do. Taking photos while driving is less than smart.

Note to self: This is a grow tube. You will need some of these. Second stop: Maurice Car'rie

I actually got to prune a little at this vineyard. There is one dude in class that likes to prove that he already knows everything we're talking about so far. He tried to tell me where to cut. I almost cut him instead. Third stop: Crap, I can't remember the name of the place. I'll ask the teacher next week. I think it's for sale though.

I don't know what that building on the right is, but I do think it's cool.

At one point we were talking about how many acres it takes to support a crew to help out with pruning and harvesting and all that jazz. I made a joke about having 5 kids and making them do all the work instead of hiring people. Nobody laughed.

3 comments:

michelle said...

I laughed.

Steph(anie) said...

I knew I liked you.

Mwa said...

It's a joy to read about that course. I think you chose right. Who knows what this will lead to - it's obviously TOO much fun!