Monday, January 25, 2010

hollowed out of solid matter

I see her on TV. No, that’s just an actress. I see her in my driveway. No, that’s just a memory.

She is haunting me again these last few days. The bottle chases her away, but I’m not sure I want to. I’ve fallen through the rabbit hole. It is dark and dirty, but warm. Comfortable? Familiar.

But unlike her, I get to come back out when I’m ready.

.::.

This made me laugh...
Sweet Juniper: Smiling at the Apocalypse

As did the title of this (but not the story)...
Woman lays in street, run over, killed

5 comments:

Petit fleur said...

Sorry you are having one of those days. You are right though, you can leave the rabbit hole anytime you choose. Thank Goodness.

Hang in there.
xoxo m

May said...

Wow. I read your words and then I read your links. All so different. I'm sorry for your situation with your friend. It just catches you up sometimes, doesn't it? Like when a loved one passes or your heart is broken you can be walking around fine and then BAM, your heart seizes up. Keep being strong, pretty girl.
Thanks for the links. I found them very entertaining.

Mwa said...

You stay as long as you need, and then come back to us, okay?

Ms. Moon said...

There are tides and cycles about these things, aren't there?

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Steph,
Sending you love.

SB