Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Getting the words out

It’s been almost a week since I actually wrote some words. I like to share music when the words aren’t with me, but I know other people’s choices in music are never as good as our own, so I’ll spare you, for now.

Austin is still crying when I drop him off at daycare. My heart is still breaking over it. My husband is still telling me to shake it off.

Yoga… I should write about yoga. But I don’t think I can. That is to say, I am not a worthy enough writer, or an experienced enough practitioner. All I can say is, on the days I go class, I am so very, very glad I have gone.

Maya has been OBSESSED with the idea of going to Disneyland for several days now. She talks about it all the time. She makes lists about what to take with her and what rides to ride. Suffice it to say, she is making me crazy. Now, I love Disneyland. I know not everyone does, but I enjoy it. So I was actually considering taking her in August (even though it will be fucking hot). But part of me doesn’t want to reward her for her constant nagging. Know what I’m saying?

So, alternatives to Disneyland may include taking her to her first non-church related concert, either Dave Matthews Band or Ingrid Michaelson maybe. I’ve never been to see DMB and I would LOVE to, but it’s much more spensive than Ingrid’s show. Decisions…

.::.

Okay, one more song... Everyday by DMB

I miss LeRoi.

3 comments:

Petit fleur said...

I have an idea that worked for Harley... you may want to give it a shot. When you drop him off, tell him you will stay there for a teeny teeny bit. Then try to get him interested in what some other kids are doing. When the time is right, say kiss momma, have fun and tell me all about your day when I pick you up!

All kids are different, but Harley's teachers thought my plan would never work, because they'd never seen it work before. But it did. They were dumbfounded. You never know?
Good luck.
PS-Next time hub says to shake it off, tell him to shake off something that is upsetting to him... loosing a football game? Stubbing a toe? Getting cut off in traffic?

Steph said...

PF - I typed out a looooong response to your comment and blogger lost it. Suffice it to say, yes, I have, on both counts. My menfolk are a special brand of stubborn.

Petit fleur said...

That's ok. You know, now that I think about it, you've said before that your son is a lot like you emotionally, well, Harley is a lot like me. When I came up with the idea to stay, it was because I sort of instinctively knew part of his anxiety, because I had it too. Maybe if you try to figure out what caused you anxiety as a wee one, you can figure out how to make it easier for you both...? I am no expert, I just hate to hear that you and he are suffering and I just moved past that phase myself, so I really identify with it and want to help.
Hang in there.