Monday, June 1, 2009

Happy June 1st!

Okay, maybe you don’t give a rat’s ass about June 1st, but it’s one of those days in my life for some reason. Two years ago today I started my first blog. Not this one, mind you, my first. I have tended to be a bit of a moving target when it comes to blogs. This is my fifth or sixth, I don’t care enough right this second to figure it out for sure.

Three years ago today was the first day of my maternity leave before Austin was born, and the first day the school used the term MR to define my daughter Maya. [Technically, that's not a something I celebrate.]

Five years ago today we moved into our house. A house that I hope to live in until I cannot due to either physical ailment or death. It’s not big and it’s not fancy, it’s just right. We’ve actually lived on the property for 12 years, but spent the first seven years (minus one) in an itty-bitty single wide mobile home that was parked inside of a barn. THAT is a post for another day.

Anyway, June 1st! How ‘bout some chunky monkey to celebrate?

video

If you have good eyes, you might catch some baby butt-crack.

2 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

He's a doll. Loved the dive.
Happy June 1!

Lady Lemon said...

Aww! The baby butt crack is too cute! What a sweetie he is!