Tuesday, May 12, 2009

You don't know how much this means to me

Look what I got for mother's day! No, not the sleepy guy, though he is pretty cute, most of the time. The wall. It's white!

See back before my in-laws moved in with us, before my father-in-law died, this was my tweener daughter's room. This wall was brightest motherfucking hot pink you ever saw. When my husband and I moved into this room, in January, I kept saying that we should paint that wall "this weekend." Ad nauseam. Well, I came home the other day, went to change my clothes, and screamed at the beauty of the white wall. The pink was gone! Hallelujah!

Best Mother's Day gift EVER.

Now we just have to agree on what to hang on the damn wall.

5 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Sometimes they show they're listening.
That is one white wall.

Lady Lemon said...

Oh, yes. There are so many things that I have been meaning to do "this weekend" for quite some time now. Excellent gift idea!

Steph said...

Ms. Moon - It does look a little institutional right now. I have a few really nice Indian bedspreads that I love, one in particular that I want to hang there.

Lady Lemon - I can "put off" with the best of them.

Bobbie Leigh said...

I'm sure after having a bright pink room for so long, institutional is not such a bad thing! I still need to touch up paint the office from a year ago. Oops.

Steph said...

Bobbie Leigh - We replaced the carpet in the living room with laminate in January 2008. We still haven't fixed the baseboards.