Sunday, May 31, 2009

It's like we're grownups or something

Me and my old man went on a date last night for the first time since... since, um... I don't know when. It may have been before Austin was born. He will be 3 in 3 weeks.

We went to my favorite store in the world and I was so good, I only spent $12! Then we went to a Greek place for dinner. I had a very yummy salad with chicken, olives, tomatoes, feta and some pita on the side. After that we went and bought Austin's birthday present. It's a tricycle. Shhh... don't tell him :).

It was so good for us to get out. We don't get much time away from the kids and his mom, and when we were pulling out the driveway, I said to him that I thought it was "so exciting!" and he laughed.

Today's a lovely day. We've got the kiddie pool out on the lawn. I've been to the gym, and there's Margarita fixin's waiting for me.

5 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

I am a firm believer that Mom and Dad should get out as often as possible in order to NOT be Mom and Dad for a few hours. Seriously- this is the best thing you can do for your kids.
Worked for me, anyway.

Sounds like a very glorious weekend. We're about to let the chickens into their run and I AM TREMBLING WITH EXCITEMENT!!!!
It's been a good weekend here, too.

Frances said...

Sounds like the makings of a wonderful weekend. I'm with Ms. Moon, taking time away from the kids is so beneficial. I'm so glad to hear that you were able to get away.

adrienne said...

...and margaritas, to boot!

Steph said...

Ms. Moon - I think we may need to try and do that once a month or so from now on.

Frances - Me too! I didn't realize how much I needed it.

Adrienne - I should write a whole post someday about Margaritas. On second thought, maybe that's not healthy.

Lady Lemon said...

Good for you! Going out on a date AND to the gym! Seriously, that sounds like a very rewarding weekend!