Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A cage for each of us and each of us in our cage

This is the first time I haven’t had loads to say the day after therapy. It was a good session. I talked in circles like I always do. We laughed at a joke she told about fried eggs. I like that about her. She’s a person; it’s not so clinical.

The boy’s sleep schedule has been completely out of whack for a few days and it’s wearing me down. That along with being broke, yet again. There’s too much month at the end of the money.

I’m having trouble focusing at work and feeling the urge to bust out of my cage. I count the minutes until lunch and then count them again until it’s time to go home. I’m torn between being grateful for what I have and having the balls to shake it up and make changes.

4 comments:

Frances said...

"too much month at the end of the money" I'm so using that one. I feel your pain on that front.

It's so hard to take that step when it comes to work. In my experience, sometimes life has a way a making the decision for you if don't step up. I remember with one job that I just hated, I was dumbfounded when I was fired. "NO no no I'm supposed to be the one that says f*@k you!"

You owe it to yourself and your well being to go after what you want. And you most certainly deserve all the best.

Ms. Moon said...

Some periods of our life are meant just for trying to hold on while we take care of things we have to take care of. Don't be so critical of yourself- you are moving mountains.

Steph said...

Frances - I hear you, but I don't know if I'll ever be able to take that step. Too much hangs in the balance.

Ms. Moon - I was thinking about that... I *am* making changes, they just don't happen over night, and I may not be able to make all the changes I would like too.

Lady Lemon said...

It does sound like you are making changes. It also sounds like you have an awful lot on your plate at the moment. Maybe the big changes, like finding another job, should wait until you have waded through some of the other stuff you have going on. There is only so much one person can handle at one time.

Just my two cents.