Friday, May 1, 2009

Bitter

Well, it’s official. I mailed the bankruptcy papers today. I have a bad taste in my mouth. That might just be the nasty fries I had yesterday though. Yesterday was a bad food day. BAD.

But the deed is done and now the real fun begins. The debtors’ meeting sounds especially fun don’t you think? I’m walking away from $29,000 in credit card debt. Twenty-nine-thousand. I’m not proud of that, but I’m in too deep now. We’ve been a single income family for nearly three years now, and every fucking moment has hurt. I used credit cards as a crutch (even before the hubs lost his job), but then that crutch got kicked out from under me when the cards were maxed out and they wouldn’t increase my limit. Wonder why…

So now we learn to budget. And I have a hard time with that. I pout because I’ve been working since I was 17 goddamnit and I don’t have anything to show for it except well fed kids. And a very large DVD collection. I don’t know what it is I want that I think I can’t have, I’m just tired of things being tight. I’m tired of robbing Peter to pay Paul. I want to go to Disneyland. Pout, pout, pout.

All right, I’m shutting up now. I have health insurance, enough food, a car that runs, and satellite TV. What the fuck to I have to complain about, really?

1 comment:

Ms. Moon said...

Well-fed kids. That's what's important. I'm sorry you're having to go through this.