Thursday, May 21, 2009

Bella Soul

An update on Bella… She is doing her business “regularly” with only one accident inside. She sleeps with me, sits in the bathroom when I shower, at my feet when I eat, etc. She caught site of a wild rabbit for the first time this morning. She didn’t even make a move! This is very unusual at our house. My other girl likes to hunt. The cat even gets in on the action regularly. This combined with her absolute pacifism when relating to the larger beasties we have makes me think she should be named Gandhi.

I didn’t have a camera at hand last night when Austin hugged her, his head down on her neck. I almost died from the cuteness. And as much as she is attached to me, Maya is the one that gets the tail a waggin’. The Shi Tzu and her are on good terms, as long as I’m not home. Or so I hear. If Billy the Shit even tries to come near me for a pat, Bella finds her aggressive side. Only she’s such a spaz that she slips on the hard floor, legs a blur, claws scraping.

I took a walk with the Big Dogs last night and left Bella in the house because she’s still afeared of them. She sat at the window looking out, very tragically. Dusty, the biggest of the Big Dogs, is getting old. He didn’t walk with me; he just stayed in one spot and said hi each time I passed him doing my laps. Later, Bella and I fell asleep getting Austin to bed and when the hubs came in to send me to bed, she barked at him! We’ll have to work on that.

6 comments:

Bobbie Leigh said...

I bet Bella will dominate the other dogs in no time! My dog barks at me and the hubs all the time, but I think it's just the stupid in him.

Steph said...

I find I am oddly attracted to the stupid ones.

Steph said...

I left out the funniest part of that last bit... I was asleep on the bottom bunk when Bella barked, it startled me and I sat straight up and whacked my head on the top bunk. :D

Ms. Moon said...

Sounds like Bella has bonded with you like super glue. Flattering, but it can lead to problems. She recognizes a mama when she sees one, though.

Steph said...

Ms. Moon - Yeah, who know dogs could be codependent?

Lady Lemon said...

Sounds like you have a guardian now. Might come in handy in case you get mugged during a walk. Oh course, it might not be so handy if the hubs loses a hand.

In my experience, some dogs just do better with women than men.