Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Yes, I am one of THOSE people

Ahem, serious geek post begins... now.

I am a HUGE Avatar: The Last Airbender fan. I love that show in ways that I can’t explain. Even my two-year-old knows well enough to be quiet while it’s on. For those of you who don’t watch, there are four nations, Air, Water, Earth, and Fire. As the title sequence says, the Four Nations once lived in peace, but then the Fire Nation attacked. It's up to the Avatar to bring balance back to the world.

There are benders in each nation, people who can physically manipulate their element in a martial arts fashion. Aang, the title character, is the last Airbender and the newest incarnation of the Avatar.

It took some serious soul searching for me to decide that if I lived in the Avatar’s world, I would be Earth Nation. Those are my people. I romanticize the Water Nation, but accept myself for what I am.

Anyway, they are making a live action film*, and I am doing my duty as a fan by linking to aang-aint-white.livejournal.com

*Put me at the top of the list of skeptics here. Some things should not be messed with.

No comments: