Friday, April 24, 2009

Photo Essay: The Commute

I actually go through some pretty country on the way to and from work, so I was screwing around the other day, snapping shots out the windows. Aren't you glad you weren't on the road with me?

Things won't be this green for very long. Summer blankets us in brown.

Oooooh, pretty sky. Cleverly avoiding the tract homes in this shot.

Probably speeding while not paying attention to the road. The really sad thing? At least two employees at my place of employment have died on this very same road since I've worked there.

These here horses...

Live right across the street from these here golfers...

Speeding? Me? No!

Right here is a very expensive produce stand. I think they thought they were on the I-5 or something.

These folks REALLY like their pepper trees, I think there's about 40.

I love the sky like this don't you?

These are actually pretty new roads, much needed in the area.

Before the housing market bombed out, this was all supposed to be tract homes...

And more tract homes. Eventually there will be, but for now some developer is just sitting on this land...

Right about here it starts to smell like cow shit. Again.

I will never be able to take a photo that does this vista justice...

There's a college... I not saying wich one, nope nope nope...

This here stop sign REALLY needs to be a signal. You don't wanna come through here in the morning, believe me.

There's the high school my kids will attend, some day, 10 YEARS APART. What the hell was I thinking...

AND that's where our tour ends. Have a good weekend. I'm off to the hammock.

3 comments:

Cat said...

What a gorgeous commute! I know what you mean about not being able to do justice to a particular vista.

Ms. Moon said...

Where you live is like a different planet from where I live. Nice pictures!

Steph said...

Cat - Can I blame it on my camera? Cause it sucks! :)

Ms. Moon - California is pretty alien. On the especially nice days my mom and I say to each other "this is why people move here, they think it's like this all the time." I was at Disneyland one day and overheard a kid say to his parents "if I lived in California I would come to Disneyland every week." I just chuckled.