Thursday, April 9, 2009

Happy Secular Spring Celebration

Easter is one of the holidays we usually host at our house. I’ll take care of the ham, green bean casserole, dinner rolls, baked beans, brownies and drinks. My mother-in-law will fix potato salad, mom brings strawberries (to go with dessert), grandma brings ice cream and my aunt and uncle bring green salad.

We’ll dye way too many eggs, as usual, and have trouble finding them all. Have you ever done an egg hunt on an acre? It takes for effing ever. Last year we used plastic eggs filled with money (?!) and chocolate, but screw that, we’re back to the real thing now.

My cousin, his lady, and their baby were supposed to come down from up north, but a family illness has forced them to cancel their trip. They will be missed.

I have to clean the bathroom or I’ll die of embarrassment. Otherwise I think we’re just about ready.

3 comments:

Cat said...

illness has caused us to cancel our trip, too! bummer, but your party sounds like fun. we don't really celebrate easter.

Steph said...

Cat - Cancelled trip sucks.

anymommy said...

I love that I'm not the only one who cleans bathrooms pretty much only for company. Have fun.