Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Probably shouldn't post this one, but...

Let’s try this again, shall we? I’m PMSing. I’m tired of being broke. So is my husband. He’s also pissed that the house is a mess. Never mind that I’m the only one that works. Oh sorry, that’s my bitterness showing. He does go to school part-time. [AND he has RA and Ménière's syndrome.]

He and I had words last night. He felt the need to point out the ways in which I am failing my family… not cleaning the house, not potty-training the boy, spending too much money, not buying the right food… and I refused to just whimper and apologize. Not that it would have mattered if I did.

It’s no secret that my husband is an ass. I knew that when I married him. But hell, I’m no angel either. I’m stubborn and independent. I don’t really know how to be married. I was raised by a single mother and would have done just fine as a single mother myself, thank you very much. But I’m not single. I am married. And sometimes it is not easy for me.

I need to learn to bend. I need to acknowledge that my husband likes to be needed even though I don’t do needy. I need to learn how to admit when I’m wrong without feeling like I just took it up the ass.

No comments: