Tuesday, February 10, 2009

When did this become a food blog?

My first CLIF bar came out of a vending machine at my husband's doctor's office. It was a Chocolate Chip Peanut Crunch. I was intrigued by the little man dangling precariously off the, ahem, cliff. Those CCPCs quickly became a favorite snack and quick pick-me-up. I affectionately referred to them as turds in wrappers because, well...

And then came the peanut scare of early '09 and the CCPCs were pulled off the shelf as part of a voluntary recall. I had to find an alternative flavor, one without peanuts. Weirdly, the plain chocolate ones don't "do it" for me. But the Cool Mint Chocolate? Oh mah heavens. That is somethin special. AND they look significantly less turd-like.

I actually order them in bulk from Amazon. I know. Sad.

Now obviously, if you aren't a fan of mint these won't tickle your fancy, but if you are, watch out... you've got a new addiction to fight.

Unfortunately for me, my kids are equally as enamored with CLIF bars as I am and they won't keep their grubby hands off of them.

Something I find interesting about CLIF bars is that these are targeted for men, and the same company's Luna bars are targeted for women. Now, maybe I just haven't found the right Luna bar yet, but I have yet to be impressed by that product.

Oh, did I mention they have a respectable 5 grams of fiber? Woo to-the Hoo.

4 comments:

NannyGarcia said...

I am inclined to try one as I lurv the fiber, but I know better. This sort of thing is for skinny people who don't eat their weight in cheese every day (which is what I do - hence the fiber lurv).

Steph said...

I've decided that maybe if I allow myself to eat what only skinny people can eat, then maybe I will become skinny. Or something like that. Besides, fuck that. It's got oats and date paste and shit like that in it; it's healthy.

I'm the Momma said...

Have you tried the Chocolate Brownie ... a close second to the mint bar. when I eat these bars it reminds me of the American Pie movie where Stiffler eats dog poo...b/c the texture of the bars kind of looks like poo. But anyways, tasty treats!

Maggie May said...

it's so yummmmmy
i also eat soy joys
and lara bars