Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Tastes good. Is good.

I have found my happy place, and it be named Chipotle. More specifically, I have found a vegetarian, even vegan, lunch option that is filling, yummy and nutritional. I really, really like the IDEA of being a vegetarian, but as long as I live with and eat with my husband there will be carcass on the table at dinner. Sometimes I can avoid eating the meat portion of whatever we’re eating, but sometimes it is inextricably intertwined with the carb portion of dinner. And me? not eat carbs? Please. That’s just silly. So the next best thing [for me] is to eat as many vegetarian meals as possible.

So anyway, back to that Chipotle lunch. Here’s what I ordered:

Veggie Bol [sic]
Rice - Black Beans - Fajita Veggies - Mild Tomato Salsa - Medium Corn Salsa - Medium Green Salsa - Guacamole - Lettuce

Ordering a bowl means there is no tortilla. The absence of a tortilla is made tolerable by the presence of rice.

Yes, there are no less than three types of salsa listed here AND fajita veggies [onion and bell pepper]. Have the iced tea handy, whoa.

Note that this is sans cheese and sour cream, a real sacrifice for me, but a worthy sacrifice in light of the fact that without those items, total calories are 540, and with sour cream and cheese, total calories are 760. Not a huge difference necessarily, but you know, it adds up.

If I cut out the guacamole it would greatly decrease the fat grams, but I can only sacrifice so much. Plus I believe plant fats aren’t as bad for your ticker as animal fats, and avocados are a real good source of fiber and some other stuff. Speaking of fiber, you know that breakfast I like so much that has 20+ grams of fiber? The order above has 22 grams of fiber.* Holy guacamole Batman!

*All nutrition calculations courtesy of Chipotle Fan.

7 comments:

nic said...

i kinda dig chipotle, but haven't experienced it enough to say i love it. regardless, i like your blog and just wanted to say that i do. :)

Maggie May said...

Chipotle=heaven!!!

Elizabeth said...

I, too, love chipotle. It makes my mouth water just thinking about it. Did you know McDonald's owns it?

Steph said...

Oh, Elizabeth, I didn't know that. And I'm not sure yet how I feel about it...

NannyGarcia said...

I LOVE Chipotle and I'm pleased to say that they got out from under McDonald's grubby paws years ago. Wikipedia that shit if ya don't believe me!

Cat said...

You're a big fan of pooping, aren't you? I can tell. Avacados are Jesus in ugly, green wrappers. Oh. So. Good. Now, your bowl sounds intriguing, however I require the HOT salsa on anything I get from Chipotle.

Steph said...

Cat - you are a better woman than me.

Pooping is something I try to do regularly. Ba dum bum.