Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Sister Lost Soul

A dear friend of mine has been arrested and charged with violently killing her 17-month old son [news story].

Of course I can’t even begin to understand why it happened. Her husband has given many interviews to the press, and I spoke to him directly on the phone last night. He answered all the questions I asked, but still, it is impossible to ingest.

What I want people to know is what a good friend she has been to me, through many ups and downs. And there is no doubt in my mind that she loved that baby with every bit of her heart and soul. I don’t know what it was, but something went terribly wrong.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I know...I'm glad we got to talk a little about it in person the other day but considering the time and place I don't know that it was said how very sad I am for Lori and her family and friends! I don't know how things like this happen...but as you said - it is something terribly wrong. I can't seem to wrap my brain around it...