Monday, January 5, 2009

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming

Motherhood is discovering that *washable* crayons aren’t all that washable when they’ve been put through the dryer with your work clothes at 8:30 PM on a Sunday and then, 12 hours later, realizing the one shirt you thought had survived didn’t survive after all, thanks to the florescent lights in the office that show such things more clearly than the perpetually dim lights at home.

.::.

I spent the holidays self medicating with lots of wine and some tequila. I wore no makeup. I bought my new favorite shirt [at Wal-Mart of all places]. I got lots of new CDs and DVDs to add to my healthy collection. Shelves purchased months ago for the kitchen were installed. The kids had a blast with their cousins. It was awesome.

.::.

I now find myself digging deep for some resolve to get fit. Other than the Mountain Dew I had this morning I’m doing fairly well on the food end of things. I just need to get back into an exercise routine. Like I said, digging for resolve, determined to find it.

4 comments:

/brandon\ said...

no makeup and plenty of tequilawine for me over the holidays as well. we must be the same religion

Steph said...

Brandon - not possible, running is very much against my religion you crazy SOB.

NannyGarcia said...

Was your new favorite shirt from Wal Mart a flannel one? Maybe red and black? I ask because My Gay Husband recently purchased one of those for 10 bucks. Then we walked into Urban Outfitters, where it was selling for 60.

Steph said...

No, not flannel :). As a Gen X-er I was forcibly removed from all flannel shirts at the end of the grunge era. Are they back already? Christ I'm old.