Thursday, December 4, 2008

Like Chocolate for Presents

TODAY’s fortune cookie reads:

YOU WILL INHERIT A LARGE SUM OF MONEY.

It fails to mention that said inheritance won’t occur until I’m 65 or so. My parents are very healthy. Damn it. Kidding! Hi mom. Love you.

Speaking of mom, the woman has everything and room for nothing, so she’s usually difficult to buy for. But this year I lucked out and found three wonderful things for her. I’m so excited! Problem is my step-dad is still hard to buy for and I’ve only gotten him one thing so far. Is buying nice chocolate that I know he will like enough to even things up?

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

so glad to see you posting again -- keep at it...

NannyGarcia said...

Bah ha ha ha ... my parents are prob older than yours ... but all I'll inherit is craziness - and they've already given me that.

Cat said...

No, no plunger yet. We have another bathroom, so we're just avoiding the problem. Have to go buy one after work.

And you're right - NO JUSTICE!