Monday, November 24, 2008

Die Another Day

Today’s fortune cookie reads:

BE AS WILLING TO TAKE ADVICE AS TO GIVE IT.

I advised the fortune cookie to stick it.

.::.

At 5 AM this morning I had decided to delete this blog. I’ve started and then deleted no less than three (maybe four) of these things in the last year and a half or so. I love blogs. I’m just not always sure whether I’m a blogger. Mostly I’m not crazy about the person reflected back at me here. For instance, I claim not to spend money on anything other than necessities, but admit to ordering earrings on Etsy. I don’t want to face the truth of my own weaknesses, so I’d rather delete them.

The wannabe vegetarian-yogi-hippie in me says “whoa, that ain’t right.” So here I am. If I wasn’t sure what purpose this serves for me, I just landed on it. Personal Growth. bleck.

I mean, I haven’t really been using this as a space to update distant relatives about my children. I don’t even write about them a heck of a lot. I’m certainly no aspiring writer looking for a book deal. I can’t even finish a cross-word puzzle. Write a book? please.

So Unsweet Mama lives to see another day. For now.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I've decided that blogging, for me, is my equivalent to verbal vomit. You know how sometimes you feel sick to your stomach and then you puke and start to feel better!?!? LOL

So continue to verbally vomit away...screw self-growth and reflection! :-)

Sprite's Keeper said...

I don't know if verbal vomit is how I would describe blogging, but some of my stuff does trigger gagging, so yes, there may be some truth to that..