Thursday, October 9, 2008

Party with Bossy

Georgia from I am Bossy is throwing a year-long Poverty Party in the spirit of getting out of debt. Now this is a party I can get into. My current credit card debt stands at about $27,687. HELLO!

This mountain of debt was created through years of using credit cards as life preservers toward the end of the month. And maybe one or two impulse buys. I’ve mentioned my Etsy weakness already.

With the high cost of childcare and painful credit card payments, I’m barely scraping by. The husband and I have actually started discussing bankruptcy. On that issue we are torn, each of us switching sides on the argument every time it comes up.

Very appropriately, today’s fortune cookie said “A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved.” Cool, so here’s my problem. I don’t have enough money to pay my bills. Now what?

2 comments:

Maggie May said...

i'm with ya. my husband lost his business a few years ago and we haven't been right since. now with my medical bills we are going to have to claim med. bankrupcy! so suck!

I'm the Momma said...

Damn Esty!!! It's an addiction of mine as well!