Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I don't really beat him

He is being too aggressive with the other kids. The daycare teacher tells me this and all I can think is that she’s looking at me like this is my only problem right now. Why shouldn’t I be able to apply all of my energy to my two-year-old’s current behavior issues? I’ll tell you why. Because I have a full-time job that I’m late for, again. Because my in-laws moved into my house and THERE IS STUFF EVERYWHERE. Because my in-laws brought their dog with them and my son is jealous of any attention that my husband gives the dog. Because he is being equally aggressive at home with the damn dog and we haven’t gotten him to stop there. How am I supposed to control his behavior at school? I’m not even there to beat him.

1 comment:

Maggie May said...

oh i FEEL you!!! it's never enough.
that's how it feels sometimes. if you are loving him and disciplining him, it IS enough. don't forget chocolate and wine too. that helps.